Friday, July 27

Ravelry and ...

I've been so addicted to Ravelry and slowwwwwly getting a few things there that I just realized I haven't posted to my blog!! I think the best thing about ravelry that I love is being able to see, in ONE place and without hours of searching or trying to remember which blog you saw which project on, is being able to see dozens of the pattern the way other knitters or crocheters have FO'd it. It's great for ideas on alternate yarns to use for a project, as so many patterns have yarns that I can't find or have access to on my planet. The ravelry folks are doing awesome on the setup of it. I'm a fan for sure.

I've managed to keep up watching BB8, sometimes read the spoiler news and sometimes just wait til the show. It amazes me how immature these twits are though.

In only 3 weekends I managed to finish a knitting project I figured would take me a longggg time. I'm starting to stash presents away for Xmas, though sometimes I'm not sure if some of the recipients want to receive ANOTHER thing made by me. Always second guessing that.
So, here's a pic of the finished Liesel scarf.

Leisel-FO

I used 3 skeins of Schachenmayr "Donna" and my Denise 5.00mm needles. I found the pattern extremely easy to follow and knit quite fast. Usually making a scarf can bore the crap outta you but each row(10 rows) is different so it's a pattern that involves you in its creation. I'll definitely make another one. The pattern is on the net, just google Liesel.

One week to go and I'm on vaykay for 2 weeks, yay!!