Monday, February 28

lazy with words but racin' with crochet

holy crap I was a lazzzzzy blogger last week – got pics ready and every time I open blogger up my "writing brain" just locks up. Mind you, was a pressure week and work/deadline pressure is one thing and I can handle that no problem, but when it's pressure just from needless "bitch-biting" from some nag I just tend to back off and go into a quiet/leave me alone space.

Anyways,…I got pics of my little felted bag. Did it with 100% wool, the mauve was 100% virgin wool yet and oh so soft. The other wool is kinda scritchy-scratchy until it's felted. The bag is a perfect little "coffee break" bag, big enough for my book and little stuff, but not so big I'd get mugged carrying it (I hope). Geez, I can't stand the damn bums/drunks/losers who walk downtown. Sorry – sympathy is ZERO with a "get the hell away from me". Ok, vent over,…on to the happy little felted bag.

It was 15x11 before felting

15x11before-felt

after-felt

The 100% virgin wool felted the best. All the comments I've had on it have been great!

Had a good crocheting weekend, made a little spearmint colored accessory scarf and a bandana type thing, both from the Knit.1 latest mag. I'll have pics of those this week. Also started a great little granny lapghan for a Christmas present! Woohoo, I'm on the ball with that so far.

Here also is my latest little round ripple – I'm calling it "Bumblebee on Daisy", LOL,…that's what the colors said they wanted to be!!

bumblebee-on-daisy_ripple

Totally cute – I'm lovin these for my shelter pet project.

Look at this little (getting bigger) guy in his happily-adopted home!! He was happy to model his blankie made specially for him..but looks rather surprised that the photographer felt it was necessary to disturb and wake him!!

jersey-blankie

will post more later..in the meantime please SMILE at someone today!! It'll change your outlook and make the world a little happier if only for a moment.