Tuesday, August 9

Vay-kay for me!!

Been forever since I posted, or at least it feels that way. The last two weekends were spent helping get the fallen trees off the yard. B did all the chainsawing (I need my hands, thank you very much!) I think I've seen too many chainsaw horror movies, there's no way I wanted to come within 6ft of that thing, LOL. We've finally got all the trees sawed and piled, given away to people with wood furnaces, etc. Last weekend we had the same kind of storm, thank GOODNESS all the trees stayed vertical. I would have cried if another one fell after the cleanup we just had.

I'm on V.A.C.A.T.I..O...N !!!! Yay. Today's my second day of total R&R. The weather is beautiful so my morning coffee and crochet and dog are spent on the deck!
Today I started AND finished a Marvie neck bag with the LB Lionscape yarn that Fran RAOK'd me with. I love it, turned out just the way I wanted. I wanted it for my MP3 player.
landscape-marviebag

Yesterday I made AND finished two of AJ's dogbone mats. They turned out adorable. I think Curly approves too! :)
curly+bonerugs
Isn't he adorable? The larger one is being doggy-gifted to Jersey, Curly's best doggyfriend.

It feels great being on R&R vacation and being able to start A.N..D finish a project. I may continue working on my other WIP's as well, such as an Incredible Poncho, thread poncho and also an afghan. I should finish the two ponchos since they're summer wear.

I've been reading and catching up on all of your blogs and Crochetville. Forgive me if I'm not leaving comments some days, I am reading though.

Also picked up some summer reading. I lucked in at McNally's and got a copy of "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd, so when it gets too hot during the day I kick back in the AC cool house and read. I'm enjoying the book so far. I also have "The Shop on Blossom Street" just waiting for me too.

I'm off to read for awhile..sigh, I love holidays.