Tuesday, June 28

Two bitches stitching? LOL

LOL,...I mentioned to a prof I work with about my new Stitch 'n Bitch Tuesday lunch sessions that I started with a student - I show her crocheting and she shows me knitting if either of us has questions or comments on the other's attempted handiwork. He got mixed up with what I called it and asked me if Sally was coming by for "Two bitches stitching"...too funny.

Wooooooo, I found $20!!!!! and not in my house or laundry either. So fun stuff, I got four of my RAOK's FINALLY packaged up and in the mail today. Sooooo exciting, now I can't wait for the RAOKees to get their little things.

I've also got some elf packages half ready to send out for Crochetville's "Christmas in July". This is just as fun, putting smiles on someone else's face with little gifts.

Wow, in addition to the baby robins in our yard, just found out two owls mated and had little babies so we have four owls roaming the trees in the back. Seems they're doing some good hunting and have left partially devoured "goodies" in the neighbors yard. I heard and saw one of the babies in the tree at the back last night but didn't feel like getting attacked by mosquitos to see it closer. I'll prepare myself with binoculars at the ready tonite, and will try to get some pics on the weekend too.

Hmmm, what else...I have been knitting and crocheting some dishcloths lately too, they seem to be the easiest thing to tote along back and forth for work lunches and coffee breaks and I don't have to concentrate on what I'm doing when I make them so it's good for brain-dead time at breaks. I always like quiet lone time at my breaks, drives me crazy when someone I don't even know comes up and starts babbling crap I could care less about just because they're bored. Yikes, what a wench I am, LOL. I figure if I want to listen to small talk I can get a haircut at the same time, LOL, it's the only place I'm captive and can't escape.

I'm slowly plugging along, purposely slow though, on a new afghan for hubby's couch. Don't need another one, but the colors of the yarn totally match the living room so why not, right?
Here's a pic of it in it's piled up chair, haha
afghanWIP

I finally found (in the garage) my screen enclosure that goes over the patio umbrella so I can sit inside a nice little screened house on my deck. I had last Friday off so leisurely sat out there ALL GLORIOUS DAY, just me and doggy and the sounds of the birds and wind in the trees and crocheted and knitted, flipping between different projects all day. Awesomely relaxing. Almost finished a summer poncho using the Q-hook and LB Incredible. Love the colors of that stuff.

later dudettes