Wednesday, November 14

Two beautiful socks

Well I finished my second sock on the weekend, and I'm pleased that it turned out matching but without the gussetpickup flaws in the first one. I watched a video or two on knittinghelp.com and also looked at pics and read about pickup hints on a few sites and pulled it off without a hitch. I'm so pleased with them.

socks-first finished

I even cast right on for a new pair, same pattern. I treated myself to a pair of bamboo needles to test them out and see how I liked them. They're 6" long which is WONDERFUL for DPN knitting. They're also definitely less slippy than the other alum/steel ones I used for the first pair. The second pair, I bought a skein of REGIA Crazy Color that was on sale for $3.25 so that's a good price for a pair of socks, yes? So, perhaps I'm a new sock knitter, no committments on that yet, LOL

socks-second-Regia